Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hazar for Eeyargh

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is upon us, or should I say "Talk like a Pirate Day ahoy!" Did pirates use the word ahoy, or was it just a naval thing? In fact, a good number of the more established pirates were actually just the navy of a foreign power who was at war with your country - i.e. the French pirated the British merchant ships, the British pirated the Spanish, and the Spanish pirated everyone. Or not - I could have just made that all up. Either way, it was a good story.

I'm prac teaching a class of Yr 5 students at the moment, and I think I'll give the day a mention, but I will stop short of trying to talk like a pirate all day. Too mentally exhausting.

At this stage, however, I would like to proffer (a very cool word) that the word "hazar," as English as it sounds, and as Hebrew as it's root might be, is quite piratical (also a cool word), and causes me to issue a lusty Hazar for talking like a pirate! Eeyargh!

.e
[Category: random_stuff]

1 Comments:

Blogger Beatle said...

Ahoy me hearty!

I've been trying to make those scurvy land lubbers speak the way they should. I just don't think they be afeared of walkin the plank.

Yarr!

19/9/06 5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home