Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hazar for Random CDs

Okay, here's my first post about my CD catalogue - some Random CDs. Everyone has a small pile of CDs sitting somewhere in their house which weren't put together for any reason, and which won't be listened to in any particular order. Here is my current pile:

  • The sound of Milano Fashion 4 Cool D:Vision - thought this would be good after hearing it at a restaurant. Either I bought the wrong CD or the restaurant had it in the mix with something else. Either way, only good for background.

  • Grey's Anatomy Original Soundtrack - love the show, not so fussed about the CD. Tegan and Sara's "Where does the good go" and Psapp's "Cosy in the rocket" are the standout highlights. Worth it just for the Psapp track.

  • Both sides of the gun Ben Harper - also not so fussed with this. I loved Live from Mars, but this got a bit too country for me. Meh.

  • Everything Is Nine Black Alps - I heard a song from this band on JJJ one day and thought "I have to buy that CD one day." About 6 months later I remembered to do so, but could not remember which song I liked and why. I still can't work it out, so this goes on my list of dud purchases.

  • Like a version two JJJ - a spur of the moment purchase when in an ABC shop. I think I liked the idea of the Mountain Goats singing "Wild World" but the rest of the CD is a bit of a disappointment. I'll give it another shot, but this also might end up in my pile of background music CDs.


That's my random pile at the moment. Stay tuned for more on the catalogue, and hazar for all your random CDs.

.e

[Category: my_cd_catalogue]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to buy CDs just for one song all the time. Often it turned out well. Like the Drops of Jupiter album by Train is pretty good. I'm glad I (usually) have a bit of a listen these days. I nearly bought an abum by Mary J Blige with her cover of One originally by U2, it's more like a collaboration than a cover because U2 play/sing in it as well. I really like the song, I kept hearing it on th radio but the rest of her music is less folk/rock and more soul/pop. Not really my thing.

5/9/06 2:09 pm  
Blogger Edwin said...

Yes, it can be a roll of the dice when you buy a CD without knowing about the majority of songs on the album. Some have been duds, but some have been great. I think the nuggets of gold discovered when buying random purchases will be the topic of a future post.

.e

5/9/06 5:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are such a Grey's fan then why, oh whhyyyyy is our GG on Monday nights? gggrrrr...

Second season CD is headlined by a group called The Fray - they are awesome. Take a look at the following link to see their Grey's video clip for the song, "How to Save a Life" http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?channel=GreysAnatomy&clip=112857

17/10/06 2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home