Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hazar for Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong announces retirement.

Now, I'm no cyclist. In fact, I sold my bike to a cousin a while ago because I get so puffed riding up to the shops that I couldn't be bothered using the thing. But I do like sportspeople who are good at what they do, and for that reason I like watching the Tour de France. While it means that I don't get a lot of sleep over the month from June 20 (Wimbledon) to July 20 (Tour de France), and I am quick to bore friends with meaningless information about the word 'peloton', I honestly enjoy watching the Tour.

And one of the main reasons I have enjoyed it in past years is Lance Armstrong and his phenomenal ability. He is a freak. I think I heard some commentator say that he can pedal constantly at a rate about 7 times faster than your run of the mill professional cyclist. And he never seems to look like he's in trouble - he just has his head up and pedals through whatever. I'm not sure if I'll watch the race in future years if Lance is not there... well, maybe if they take it off SBS.

.e

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Gregory said...

I can't muster up the interest in cycling, because of the drug issue.

hmmm...maybe I should give the Tour a chance this year, if only to hold a conversation with you regarding the tactics of the peloton

20/4/05 4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home